找回密码
 注册
查看: 3325|回复: 6

Barack Obama

[复制链接]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2008-9-27 09:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Obama is the American Dream. He was born not only poor, but a disaster for some whites, being black. He was a teacher for twelve years. What a miracle if he wins the election, which will probably happen. . }! v4 s* c1 {3 {, Q3 n$ |5 X

; _4 v" n" W0 O4 Y! _& E$ {The following is some information about him.   a9 b: G' l, Z- ]8 q9 }
  " y0 h: q: r3 N; v7 r
Barack Hussein Obama II (pronounced /bəˈrɑːk hʊˈseɪn oʊˈbɑːmə/; born August 4, 1961) is the junior United States Senator from Illinois and presidential nominee of the Democratic Party in the 2008 general election.7 D- p0 Z( t, P5 n! M
. ?; s  X8 n1 U  x; M2 h
Obama is the first African American to be nominated by a major political party for president. A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as president of the Harvard Law Review, Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney before serving in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. Following an unsuccessful bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2000, he announced his campaign for the U.S. Senate in January 2003. After a primary victory in March 2004, Obama delivered the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in July 2004. He was elected to the Senate in November 2004 with 70% of the vote.' @( R& S2 _) k# q3 m6 T3 n6 b! H
, k" q" f, l4 F, B
As a member of the Democratic minority in the 109th Congress, he helped create legislation to control conventional weapons and to promote greater public accountability in the use of federal funds. He also made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. During the 110th Congress, he helped create legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel. After announcing his presidential campaign in February 2007, Obama emphasized withdrawing American troops from Iraq, energy independence, decreasing the influence of lobbyists, and promoting universal health care as top national priorities.
: S# y) Y1 R1 K# x6 v# O& t4 T3 I9 w$ m: }# z' t* `8 ^, i5 F6 S
Born August 4, 1961 (1961-08-04) (age 47)
; Q& ]: T/ U5 D0 T' yHonolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
, ~: \5 T. d$ @* K+ GNationality American
, p- T: G, p% \- g+ Q9 aPolitical party Democratic
. h* z# x$ q1 B- l) rSpouse Michelle Obama (m. 1992) 2 y+ k9 ~+ q/ k/ P
Children Malia Ann (b. 1998),
6 R" D: I2 {2 v. F, O: F% i' HNatasha ("Sasha") (b. 2001) 3 A$ }6 c/ d  |2 `  a. b1 V2 W
Residence (Kenwood), Chicago, Illinois / l1 l1 i( s2 Q' S& s
Alma mater Harvard Law School" q4 ^/ `0 N- R7 m; M9 g& i
Columbia University5 Y! U& b- E' g; t9 t! h1 v2 y
Occidental College 0 r; m$ E% z: k: H
Profession Attorney, Politician   T  u: H8 @! y; ^7 }
Religion Christian: United Church of Christ
鲜花(76) 鸡蛋(4)
发表于 2008-9-27 22:03 | 显示全部楼层
thank you !
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-9-28 11:36 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-10-2 02:13 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
I hope Obama will beat McCain.
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-2 09:30 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 lington 于 2008-10-2 02:13 发表 * j- N2 M% O& f  s1 B- f. L
I hope Obama will beat McCain.

6 v: g0 q% T' t4 U" Y
  w( e0 F* q4 a7 BSo do I now. At the beginning I thought he was too young to be reliable and safe for this world. But now I think he is ok and his policies are good for Americans. He should be safe and not as selfcentered and ignorant as Bush was. Bush was bullshit.
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-2 22:16 | 显示全部楼层

One comment criticizing Palin's performance duiring the Vice President Debate

The Sarah Palin that showed up tonight was the same Sarah Palin that was unable to give Charlie Gibson any real coherent response to substantive foreign policy questions, the same Sarah Palin that babbled a response to foreign policy questions from Katie Couric, and the same Sarah Palin who didn’t seem to be able to remember a single Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade.2 t8 Y+ Y( r& m' k9 w& t8 I

) ]6 I. n# e$ V. g) k7 G7 _; o# ?' FThe answers that Palin gave were in the same rambling, semi-coherent style as the answers she gave to questions from Gibson and Couric and, for the most part, all she really seemed to do was repeat the same platitudes over and over again. John McCain is a “maverick.” She comes from a state that produces a lot of energy. She’s an outsider. McCain is a “reformer.”: d9 ^4 ^3 c, F' q2 P% j; [
- l% b5 t3 x8 h* g2 k
You know the drill.
2 {+ b/ P& \5 U) k, m8 |
& J/ q1 @/ Q; \; `* O6 J9 oMore than once, I found myself hitting the reversing button on TiVo and listening to one of Palin’s response again because, quite honestly, I couldn’t understand what the heck she was saying. “Please Sarah just one coherent sentence. Just one” as I asked in one Twitter message during the debate. But, alas, they seemed to be few and far between.  W! n& {+ C4 A

: P$ y. |  \3 z( `# }Now don’t get me wrong. On substance, I disagreed with pretty much everything Joe Biden had to say — except when it came to pointing out the missteps, mistakes, and outright fabrications that the Bush Administration engaged in when it comes to the Iraq War — but at least I understood what the heck it was that he was saying.
) i: p) x/ I+ T+ N# c( M+ ~% B) n/ g: H4 W& P: f. G0 J' K' K
With Palin, it seemed like I was struggling to understand her everytime she spoke. To me, she just didn’t come across as Presidential, or even as someone who I would be content with assuming the Presidency should that need ever arise.$ S. Q/ w5 ]' I
1 x, l6 p: d* N: _& r+ v
There were times when it seemed apparent that Palin was completely out of her league and that became readily apparent when the subject changed to foreign policy. Whether you agree with him or not, it’s fairly obvious that Joe Biden knows what he’s talking about when it comes to foreign policy. Sarah Palin sounded, yet again, like she was reciting lines out of briefing book or a debate rehearsal.
+ x9 t: T* P3 Z2 K
" H5 x* `4 o, Z2 POthers may disagree, but my feeling is that Sarah Palin completely failed in her mission tonight. I don’t believe that she did anything to erase the doubts that clearly exist in the public’s mind regarding her own qualifications or her readiness to assume the Presidency in the event of John McCain’s death, and, beyond repeating campaign slogans we hear every day from Sean Hannity and his ilk, I don’t believe she did all that much to advance the McCain for President campaign.- Y) y0 O% D. Q1 s* Q( p
. B+ P$ N1 c2 z& P9 {) {4 a
Of course, my opinion doesn’t matter any more than that of any other pundits, so it will be interesting to see what impact tonight’s event has on the race.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-10-3 12:52 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
原帖由 billzhao 于 2008-10-2 23:16 发表 , \  _" M; l+ q! y3 n9 `7 B
The Sarah Palin that showed up tonight was the same Sarah Palin that was unable to give Charlie Gibson any real coherent response to substantive foreign policy questions, the same Sarah Palin that bab ...

' ~& S  I+ K6 M) dI totally agree with you. The America's financial crisis will make a huge advantage for Obama.
+ c) P$ s( R/ GI believe lot of american want change now.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-30 05:26 , Processed in 0.182427 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On, APC On.