找回密码
 注册
查看: 3455|回复: 0

Chinese suit maker soars on Buffett endorsement

[复制链接]
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-9-18 07:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
The "Oracle of Omaha" has spoken again, and this time a Chinese suit maker is reaping the rewards.7 T4 N# B9 c0 x1 c

, G5 [7 z9 D, y% W/ c: p
5 X4 z( X6 ?* q( r* T  L* I/ PShares in Dayang Trands have soared by more than 70 percent in less than a month since billionaire Warren Buffett said he and Microsoft founder Bill Gates, the world's two richest men, wore the company's suits.
7 n5 H; X5 f, S  w+ c. W* T8 \5 y2 q6 u6 K$ t$ c% m5 W
"I have to tell you that I now have nine suits all made in China. I threw away the rest of my suits," the 79-year-old Buffett said in a video posted on the website of Dayang Trands, based in the northeastern port city of Dalian.' L' C2 C/ @9 _1 \* Q/ Q
- J; ^7 ?! M% |" F# s/ Y1 C6 n
Since the video was posted on August 25, the company's shares have surged nearly 72 percent -- from 8.55 yuan then to a close of 14.67 yuan on Thursday.
& D6 p, {% v6 H5 Q8 Z- R& p) |$ V9 N  }/ v  t# _
"It's been a long time since I got compliments on how I looked. But since I'm wearing Madam Li's suits, I get compliments all the time," Buffett said in the video, referring to Dayang's chairwoman Li Guilian.* @" ]; R8 N0 v" ]& Y" \
& E+ r9 i% t( _% s( g
"So maybe Bill and I could start a clothing store and ... if we sold suits made by Dayang Trands, someday we might even be rich, who knows?"1 s5 e2 R( G/ E
) R+ u2 U9 R! o6 I
According to Forbes magazine Gates and Buffett have net worth of 40 billion and 37 billion dollars, respectively.+ c% R4 A" e, |+ i& k
1 i, d; q4 A8 w9 G$ r
Dayang Trands said in a statement filed with the Shanghai stock exchange Wednesday that Buffett was only a client -- not an investor -- and the video was recorded to congratulate the company on its 30th anniversary.9 F2 a9 I0 \) D6 A+ i9 w; u

* f& I5 I2 s% TApart from that, the company "does not have any disclosable business relationship" with the US billionaire investor or his firm Berkshire Hathaway, the statement said.
7 ^4 R" E- u' D9 E. Y# L- w: e% s
" L# s. M9 t! G- {  HDayang Trands has 20 outlets in 11 cities across China.; Z) ^7 F+ `8 Q- K# n; S3 v
" x2 C* R" N* q
Buffett is known as the "Oracle of Omaha" for his astute investment decisions. In China, he has been dubbed the "God of Stocks".
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-9-28 05:13 , Processed in 0.097909 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On, APC On.