埃德蒙顿华人社区-Edmonton China

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1003|回复: 0

[招聘信息] Business Agent (Labour Relations Practitioner)

[复制链接]
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-12-13 11:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Employment Opportunity: Civic Service Union 527 f3 i; b! p5 K0 a9 J* C
To learn more about CSU 52 visit: www.csu52.org
, l5 N! I% g9 {) t: x; J: n
5 A9 v. |- s; Z8 ^: CPosition: Business Agent (Labour Relations Practitioner) / Location: Edmonton / Job Level (Permanent) or Developmental Level (up to 2 year term position).
0 b3 \2 B% ~1 K0 D5 D: O$ b
3 u5 t5 U4 E% P6 v) O$ P# [The Position: This position offers an excellent opportunity to gain a wide variety and wealth of hands on experience, through exposure to general and specialized labour relations practices. As a Business Agent, the applicant will provide guidance and advice to members in the areas of collective agreement interpretation, benefit coverage, dispute resolution and problem solving.
2 C- [  I5 v5 B. k
  u7 I) c7 P/ p6 Z) ZThe main focus of the work will be to respond to member inquiries, investigate and promote solutions, attend and participate in dispute resolution meetings, and to maintain appropriate records regarding problem solving. We are seeking either a permanent job level candidate or a developmental level for a term position with the potential for the job to become permanent, at the full working level. The standard hours of work are 33.75 hours per week, 6.75 hours per day. The office hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. There is a compressed hours of work program in effect. 5 w7 ~) G3 g+ C% G/ z) @& V
, Q5 |9 L2 s5 s$ [3 ^0 U+ s
The Candidate: An undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline is required. The Candidate must possess highly developed problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work independently as well as a member of a team is essential. A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required. A car allowance will be provided. For the job level position a minimum of five years directly related labour relations/human resources experience is required. For the developmental position, any related work experience in labour relations, human resource management or other similar unionized environments is a strong asset, but not mandatory.
( w" _% J. o: y! [4 |! d
5 b7 T1 W  S: @4 j$ t. f5 KThe Organization: CSU 52 is a multi employer Union providing service to a predominantly administrative, technical and professional membership in 5 bargaining units – The City of Edmonton, EPCOR, Capital Power Corporation, the Edmonton Public Library, and the Edmonton Space and Science Foundation (operating as TELUS World of Science - Edmonton). We operate in an interest based environment and pride ourselves on representing our members in a highly professional and collaborative manner.
+ f1 j4 j9 X% Z( p5 M9 S5 P" n6 j+ q- f! H  b8 I9 G) k1 o, r
Remuneration: The current salary range for a Business Agent – Job Level is $2,894/biweekly ($75,533/per annum) to $3,656/biweekly ($95,422/per annum) and the current salary range for Business Agent - Developmental is $2,027/biweekly ($52,905/per annum) to $2,559/biweekly ($66,790/per annum). This is a unionized position covered by the collective agreement between CSU 52 and the United Steelworkers, Local 1-207.% B, \) O0 j+ M, h7 Z: {

4 q$ \; X" T: u; N' g7 dTO APPLY – Apply in confidence by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday December 22, 2010 to:, n2 e. c' [  K4 T

6 T. g; m6 O. T) v% }The President Civic Service Union 52. J7 V- o. O2 A" \. r* y) J. I" O7 n
11305-95 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5G 1L2! j  U5 O2 V7 i+ {( C
Fax: 780.479.7975 / Email: info@csu52.org
* z0 L  j9 r2 [4 F
) _! t9 j/ h8 o- t- ]- |. f' TPS. No telephone calls please. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
$ C6 t. {/ Y5 i; c! k
' |( o$ [/ H# E, s& k# # #
0 X" M# l" D3 x: I. `+ W. k
+ Z' Q0 J4 `6 }  j' j6 WEmployment Opportunity: Civic Service Union 52 / Position: Office Administrator / One Temporary, Full-Time Position – Up to 18 Months / Location: Edmonton. - i$ ?" H9 u) u

% e! N: P# @2 Z8 n  [Functions: The office of Civic Service Union 52 requires a self-motivated individual to perform senior level administrative and supervisory duties. While supervising administrative support staff, the selected candidate holds full responsibility for all administrative, clerical and support activities performed in the operation of the Union office.
& ?& T6 N# h+ p( J* T% R9 F) L3 a6 A0 k
Typical duties include: training administrative staff, distributing and prioritizing the workload to ensure deadlines are met, administering performance/wage reviews, completing monthly reports, ensuring the website is up-to-date, revising collective agreements and various union manuals, composing and editing a variety of correspondence, preparing materials for elections and ratification votes.
' d5 K8 u3 P9 {2 K7 |' e
2 I$ l; [, v' F9 L  {Plus: assisting committees with special events and newsletters, recording minutes at meetings, ordering and controlling office supplies, preparing various bulletins and updates for the membership, maintaining a file system, assisting the Business Agents and In-House Legal Counsel with special projects, and completing other duties, as required. The successful candidate will also assist in the troubleshooting and maintenance of the computer network.$ x& K( u( u0 q# ~* r
7 U) ?/ Q8 K, i$ f" ~, Q
Qualifications: Completion of post-secondary education in Business or Office Administration; A minimum of five years progressively responsible administrative experience, including at least two years supervisory experience; Previous experience in a Labour Relations or Human Resources environment would be an asset; Considerable knowledge of the purpose, organization, policies and regulations governing the Union office would be an asset; Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills; Extensive knowledge of office automation and business software.4 a' z: Z+ t( h* N( a# r

2 d1 g* K3 a3 S& D9 G: ]$ p. VPlus: Thorough knowledge of principles of office management and of modern office procedures, systems and equipment; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations as necessitated by work assignments; Ability to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing; Must have considerable knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic; Must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to work well under pressure; Ability to prioritize. ! E6 I% [  @# w% @$ l2 [) f7 u
" t; h8 U- z* [+ q- i
Hours Of Work: 6.75 hours per day between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program. Salary Range: Step A through F, $25.83 - $32.35 hourly; $1,744 to $2,184 bi-weekly $45,518 to $57,002 annually. This is a unionized position covered by the Collective Agreement between CSU 52 and the United Steelworkers, Local 1-207.
; U' f% _, P2 y. [' N7 U
  C+ A0 u, U; y8 d0 j: k( HTO APPLY – Apply in confidence by 4:30 p.m. prior to Wednesday, December 22, 2010 to:* t! B" N( P& W
% N' w4 d* G! Q: L
The President Civic Service Union 52
- C2 m7 \6 B: K/ w  j+ p- f11305 – 95 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5G 1L2
: s3 V" `7 \: n; hFax: 780.479.7975 / Email: info@csu52.org
# O5 n# L' |6 h* D6 W( g% F1 U8 o4 W5 s9 M
PS. No telephone calls please. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
* R6 l# w7 U4 ?* R5 M) h) j# p- r) F) ?" s8 l
# # #
0 ?& e. Y3 l! {: ~  b& A+ W: N
. D+ p% s6 X4 i$ U. h! GEmployment Opportunity: Civic Service Union 52 / Position: Administrative Support II / 1 Temporary, Full-Time Position – Up to 18 Months / Location: Edmonton, AB
) F: k6 s8 @- |! f6 I
# V, y. j3 O. g' bFunctions: The office of Civic Service Union 52 is looking for a self-motivated individual to perform a wide variety of office duties in a team-orientated environment. Using Microsoft Office, the selected candidate will prepare reports, letters, spreadsheets, memos and other various correspondence from general instructions, rough draft or dictation. 8 m9 i8 m. E' d- F
  f3 P+ G! u/ G; M! E' R; S
Other responsibilities include: answering telephones, scheduling appointments using Microsoft Outlook, updating membership information using a specialized database program, answering general inquiries from members, maintaining an augmented filing system, preparing mail-outs, doing research using the internet, and completing other related tasks, as assigned.
# l% A9 g4 d4 G: x( v' |; R0 K3 v" V& c3 s5 w' Q
Qualification: Completion of the twelfth (12) school grade including business subjects related to word and information processing, or the completion of an appropriate certificate program from an approved business/college; Two (2) years diversified word and information processing experience including composing correspondence.7 l  d- z9 ~5 W2 i8 d+ L) U* N
$ k% x- J' Q/ t8 F
Plus: Candidates must possess excellent judgment, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; Must also be flexible, adaptable and have the ability to work well in a fast-paced and demanding environment; Proficiency using Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and the Internet.: J0 o( L! [6 J) g5 g: a

3 F2 r3 n: P% I* C+ K0 F7 }Hours of Work: 6.75 hours per day. Hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Hours may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program / Salary Range: Step A thru F; $21.05 - $26.16 (Hourly), $1,421.00 - $1,766.00 (Bi-weekly), $37,088.00 - $46,093.00 (Annually).This is a unionized position covered by the Collective Agreement between CSU 52 and the United Steelworkers, Local 1-207.
) G& a5 v. M' G" l
, M# `* I/ k2 U% g7 q1 t- STO APPLY – Apply in confidence by 4:30 p.m. prior to Wednesday, December 22, 2010 to:( S1 X1 k/ @) i" O6 V1 F7 v8 B

8 {" f: `9 G& l! ~6 @7 W, FThe President Civic Service Union 52
3 `5 j* d' m" @) m11305 – 95 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5G 1L22 D3 ?: \" O8 \
Fax: 780.479.7975 / Email: info@csu52.org : v; t( r) W' Z3 T% I* p
% y6 K, F) }! r' X6 Y8 D
PS. No telephone calls please. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-6-18 13:29 , Processed in 0.168567 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.