[招聘信息] Child Care Worker

[复制链接]
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-1-22 14:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Employment Opportunity / Bissell Centre
, Y" j4 k8 ^/ z$ r4 f  A  hLearn about us online: www.bissellcentre.org
4 f) i6 w; w9 X* n, R8 B# f$ b! `  ~# c1 \- Q' \- \( A
Position: Child Care Worker / Location: Edmonton / Salary: commensurate with education & experience / Closing Date: 01. 24.11
, I) z. K! Y. l0 G 8 K6 X& F3 r3 d; e- r: G0 m* o" f
The Organization: Bissell Centre is a nonprofit community resource centre providing support to people living in poverty within the vision of neighbour helping neighbour. The Child Care Worker ECD Worker is responsible for creating and developing an environment that meets the individual social, physical, intellectual/emotional needs of children aged infant to six years./ p! q4 u- [- g
. ^0 j: s5 g: H
Some duties & responsibilities include: personal commitment to Bissell Centre Mission, Vision, Priorities & Values; ability to implement the “Learning Through Play” philosophy in day-to-day programming; ability to develop monthly program charts; daily & weekly activity charts; ability to take into consideration the children’s individual interests and developmental levels when developing program activities; ability to develop programs that enhance self-esteem and encourage children’s independence, social interaction & creativity; strong listening/verbal communication skills with the children, parents/caregivers + ECD staff; ability to establish rapport and trust with the children & parents/caregivers.
0 j) w3 q8 i2 v3 D: ]# w
* B0 I+ I6 G: P7 F6 ]PLUS: ability to adapt or modify a program to allow children with special needs to participate; knowledge of behavioural and developmental disabilities (for example: ADD, ADHD, FASD); knowledge of possible signs of abuse/neglect; knowledge of community resources pertaining to children’s health and education needs; knowledge of Daycare Licensing Standards, ITERS and ECKERS; ability and desire to speak with caregivers about parenting issues and to share information about child development; ability to work well within a team.( f9 t, a" ]: @, c8 q

, e0 m! s* _2 L+ w$ X) [) `" KEducation/Experience: Level 3 Early Childhood Development Diploma from a CAFRA (Child and Family Resource Association) recognized College; Familiarity working with children affected by behavioural and/or developmental delays; Familiarity and experience with issues of poverty and the urban core.
5 A" q. n3 T4 Q6 g# A! k. M) |" q' M  ~+ \2 ?, u
Skills/Abilities: Behave ethically, build relationships, communicate effectively, focus on client needs, foster teamwork, make decisions, have organizational skills, be able to plan and solve problems. It’s physically demanding work. Must be able to lift and carry approximately 30 LBS.
5 C9 g+ J* c5 _- A& p' u# l4 ]  t9 R7 h
TO APPLY - Submit resume in confidence, including cover letter to:6 O8 m; A" {6 d$ Q

2 T8 F6 j! r" k$ R. V& d+ VWendy Mitchell, Manager of Child and Family Resources ( F6 w. I0 U( C* F  k
Bissell Centre, 10527-96 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
, r; E" E( m( s' CEmail: wmitchell@bissellcentre.org Fax: 780.441.3580
9 J. f6 E5 K% O# n3 {. y- w5 r, W( l5 ^: W' S$ M* T& S
PS. Thank you. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-9-27 19:04 , Processed in 0.202620 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.