找回密码
 注册
查看: 3998|回复: 3

A Poem - Published by the Washington Post

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-1 13:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
When we were the Sick Man of Asia, We were called The Yellow Peril.5 \) V5 w9 r& E+ l  l5 s; Y
When we are billed to be the next Superpower, we are called The Threat. ) ]: M9 M5 @# f9 n  h
When we closed our doors, you smuggled drugs to our open markets.
' t* }  b# T8 H- WWhen we embrace Free Trade, You blame us for taking away your jobs.
6 E: K& O6 s$ B% P: A  U% Y2 zWhen we were falling apart, You marched in your troops and took what you wanted.
0 N1 A6 X8 j. [  M5 \' OWhen we tried to put the broken pieces back together again, Free Tibet you screamed, It Was an Invasion! $ U1 a; L$ F2 P3 i
When we tried Communism, you hated us for being Communist.4 B* M6 {1 M2 M' g$ P% z5 G
When we embrace Capitalism, you ridicule us for being Capitalist. . y, y2 k; m3 B7 j
When we have a billion people, you said we were destroying the planet.
2 a; E: F( N7 g! S' a5 }When we tried limiting our numbers, you said we abused human rights.% B7 A" u4 x  l8 {; e, N
When we were poor, you thought we were dogs.8 u0 |) K  e/ o2 z
When we loan you cash, you blame us for your national debt. When we build our industries, you call us Polluters./ A7 F5 c" U: |! ?4 `/ C
When we sell you goods, you blame us for global warming.
( B! a- L1 W# k; pWhen we buy oil, you call it exploitation and genocide.) z; i, ?0 l" C3 O7 i9 i; D
When you go to war for oil, you call it liberation.
! u! [' G+ s5 q5 K- i! {When we were lost in chaos and rampage, you demanded rules of law.5 h7 ~; `/ E, q3 {3 \/ i
When we uphold law and order against violence, you call it violating human rights.
# X% c& S& c( kWhen we were silent, you said you wanted us to have free speech.
1 G8 x8 j9 z/ FWhen we are silent no more, you say we are brainwashed-xenophobics. & f* _6 b5 U# E: D5 t
Why do you hate us so much, we asked.No, you answered, we don't hate you. 1 L& m3 f+ @  Q7 B0 S: l* M& n4 W
We don't hate you either.
9 F' _: Q3 `1 F/ u  e! I) m" k# ^- I- u! o
But, do you understand us? 9 I# x5 G9 w: Q6 \0 k
. M* f  u8 S3 I* t$ I
Of course we do, you said,
# V3 D- h% T6 A4 _3 Y! aWe have AFP, CNN and BBC's " V% J8 P* w% E+ |, y- z( I) ^  W) H
1 g, @* z: V' A8 i
What do you really want from us?
6 G5 u$ K( X! N% E1 h0 eThink hard first, then answer... & x  a, a8 {+ ^4 d$ e
Because you only get so many chances.
  Q* ~8 _, M& JEnough is Enough, Enough Hypocrisy for This One World.
+ v7 B+ h8 h. e2 ]0 c7 E1 P, G* JWe want One World, One Dream, and Peace on Earth.
' V7 L! f+ \! G% w: s9 }  aThis Big Blue Earth is Big Enough for all of Us.
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-1 21:20 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(25) 鸡蛋(7)
发表于 2008-5-2 07:10 | 显示全部楼层
好象在"时事政治"版有这poem的中文版?
老柳教车
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-9 18:59 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
Nicely said.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-14 09:29 , Processed in 0.163600 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On, APC On.