找回密码
 注册
查看: 4421|回复: 11

Discrimination

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-16 20:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Have you ever suffered from discrimination? In general, discrimination is the discernment of qualities and recognition of the differences between things. There are varieties of discriminations such as age, religion, race, education, disability, and so on. Discrimination is a significant issue in every society. When the world became a global village, discrimination has become weaker and weaker; however, it is still exists in some parts of the world. Of course, many people suffer from this problem. It is especially hard for those who go to a new country.
; U7 A' N8 S) h! J* P   Once, my friend told me a true story which he experienced while he was traveling in Western Australia. It was his first time visiting there, so he didn't know the society very well. One day,he went to the store to buy ice-cream. The owner was an Australian. He told the owner what he wanted, but the store owner ignored him and went back to his work. At the beginning, my friend thought he was busy, so he waited there for a while. However,about five minutes passed and the owner still pretended he didn't see him. "Excuse me," my friend said, "would you get me a strawberry sundae please." He never expected to hear what the owner replied to him: "I don't have any for you Chinese people; go back to where you come from." My friend was really shocked. He knew that the owner discriminated against Chinese people. He hadn't experienced that kind situation before, so he felt so upset about it. As a result, he returned to China after two days. He told me he would never go to Australia again. I soothed him and told him it was not necessary to visit Australia again. Clearly, the store's owner was ignorant; he didn't understand that we all are from a big family. He didn't know how to respect others; this was his own problem. Eventually, my friend calmed down and showed a smile on his face. & J) b/ u- M  T  j0 B5 w
1 C7 d+ a1 |2 A+ _
I think discrimination is a serious matter and it is a huge obstacle for some people to overcome.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-17 06:36 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(49) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-25 11:09 | 显示全部楼层
在这EDMONTON, 有时我也能感觉到歧视就在身边,只是他们更隐讳,因有法律制约住而已。
- G+ H4 W: ~, X
/ y+ ^  E( B  o这是人的罪性之一。
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-25 11:37 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
It is an interesting topic. I would like to say: discrimination is everywhere, that is the truth. But as my personal experiece here, in most cases, it is due to misunderstanding, such as, some chinese new immigrants do not know how to speak english therefore it makes the local people feel dificult to communicate. Some of them, just choose to leave you alone. Another reason I think is so called culture differences. Such as, local people seldom speak out loudly in bus, subway and supermarket etc while chinese people do need to control their pitch in public. And local people ususally wait for their turn patiently while lots of chinese do not want to line up at all. 9 ]: j/ }8 T* T% w0 T
( K% l; ?4 J7 v
I never feel discrination. Sometimes my friends asked me, my answer is," I am doing my best to control myself not to place any discrimination on them'. I mean, I am very confidence and I do not like most of the local people, especially those uneducated people. I worked with them and perfectly know their characteristics! If you feel something similar to so called discrimination, for sure it is from those uneducated people. I would like to say it is kind of stupidity and ignorancy rather than discrimination,
# \; p% C# N2 |5 C/ o: N
; W* Z* b; N& F8 B# C. N& ^) nDo believe me, discrimination is not that serious at all and you do not need to worry about it. That case in austrilia will never happen in Canada because if you call the police, that will be a huge trouble to them...
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-6-25 16:57 | 显示全部楼层

Discrimination is everywhere.

People just don't show discrimination in their words for the sake of law. 3 _/ d" m, ?; y  u3 G- `5 w: _" O
But they will keep their opinion in ther mind.  Even some  mothers who have several children have preference to their children. How can we ask people treat others the same way? We are different individuals, we have great difference in our thinking and appearance and behavior and temper and wisdom , so how can people treat us the same way?
/ D  F7 s; Y* H# CThere is a report about the babies like beauties too.  Scientists show the ugly  and beatiful people's pictures to the baby, they found out the baby stares at the beatiful ones longer than they did at  the ugly ones. Babies are innocent, but they have discimination by  nature. haha.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-2 11:55 | 显示全部楼层
what the heck you guys are thinking about? if the babies like pretty women is kind of discrimination, then, I should marry every woman I meet to show I respect them all. You like or you do not like, it is absolutely not related to discrimination. As I mentioned before, I do not like many chinese immigrants, anything wrong, any conflict, no matter what is the reason, they will say that is a kind of discrimination to chinese. / I8 _1 S- ^+ N4 v

2 W6 a! X* s& j% h( ]# ?I read a posting before, it said, a new chinese immigrant went shopping and argued with a black guy in parking lot, the black guy said:fuck you. and he posted this in internet and said the black guy discriminated all chinese. Why? becase he is a chinese, and the black said: fuck you, that means he said fuck all chinese. that is a discrimination to all chinese. Come on, guys, be a man and solve your own problem, not everything is related discrimination at all.
$ r7 ~/ b* G" Y  g& R' L$ i) S3 N  k( {7 |) a
another example, a chinese woman had a western boy friend, And he did not want to marry her and asked her to leave his house. She called the police and she could not understand it is her to be asked to leave otherwise the police will sue her trespass. She posted in chinese forum and thought she was seriously discriminated. OMG, when she enjoyed her western partner, she never mentioned discrimination,while the relationship was broken, the discriminaiton also comes. Please do not cheat me, and please do not disturb the peaceful chinese communite, if you have a conflict, solve it by yourself.
) o0 k1 l) g! m! Q
3 r$ r. W' @4 k$ S: I3 D! L. F: LI am tired to those discriminations you guys forced me to accept. I am fine, perfectly fine, and I never felt discrimination here at all. IF you guys have too much, go ahead enad enjoy it by yourself.
' m2 f9 c9 g' W7 H: @% y7 [0 T3 g% {, `
! P4 u3 u9 V& u/ K1 k" F[ 本帖最后由 lonelyhero 于 2008-7-2 12:59 编辑 ]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-8 05:06 | 显示全部楼层

回复 4楼 august99 的帖子

老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-8 05:06 | 显示全部楼层

回复 6楼 lonelyhero 的帖子

老柳教车
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-8 11:07 | 显示全部楼层

回复 6楼 lonelyhero 的帖子

老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
庄子亦好大言,何惭之有哈?
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-9 12:21 | 显示全部楼层

回复 6楼 lonelyhero 的帖子

老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Can't agree more.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-10 07:08 | 显示全部楼层
Well it is quite a sensitive topic. But I do believe check yourself first and then blame others!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-14 00:58 , Processed in 0.136338 second(s), 28 queries , Gzip On, APC On.