找回密码
 注册
查看: 4206|回复: 1

Cold War

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-27 22:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
I would like to take this chance to talk about the issues of how to make a last and profound conversation with locals since some friends have complained that they only have the ability to do the short talks with co-workers or strangers. I call the short talk the Cold War, meaning it is a long last personal struggle or an impossible mission. I still remember I have encountered few embarrass seniors few years ago, but things are getting better year after year. Since this summer, I start to feel very comfortable as I chat with people I met every day. For example, I need to find some info around the place I just moved in. While I was driving around the blocks this afternoon, I saw a good lady was mending her yard. She was the only person I can find, so I decided to talk to this lady. I parked the car and greeted to her. I asked her about the neighborhood such as banks, supermarkets and so on. She answered me with her best capability. Then she invited me to her condo to have a little chat. She wrote down some of the contact names and the numbers of her friends in case I need more help and told me about few neighbor’s stories. At the end, I got plenty of information than I intended to. It all came very natural and our conversation was quite enjoyable.
! j+ R. w( N# ^
% Y+ G5 `* B3 QSo here are some of self-made rules which have worked well for me.
% p& u* ?$ \& I5 C2 V7 s. l
; L) v5 `! O( C0 B- SEvery morning, practice the chat and image that you are both A and B actors or actresses:, @; B6 f4 t1 m

8 Q: V" M/ X2 t4 P6 y0 QDay 1: Good morning, Sandra (You)
" x1 o! s% F5 }; n2 X# e3 E            Good morning, Ming. How are you? (Co-worker)
9 K. D  c0 j1 {. `/ U: n2 M6 `2 r            I am fine, thanks!       (You)# v% C3 {" `& }. e, G& S( N
( `4 N' ^$ w4 d5 |& G
Day 2: Repeat  Day 1 (You)
+ D) A/ p- |/ p            Repeat  Day 1 (Co-worker), v6 r& T) v1 ?, O" _# }
            I am fine, and how are you. (You)
9 K- p  l& R2 m5 Y1 p! s            Not too bad, I like your shirt; it looks gorgers (Co-Worker)
, E+ t5 K( S& z3 N5 J  ~0 \. j            Thanks, I bought it from China last summer. (You)- t* J# x. [/ A+ h+ Y$ B

; N8 x; R  h4 _$ P8 lDay 3: Repeat
# x. Z( @2 u7 N1 ~4 \  `4 u, I            Repeat! r1 I, d. u, O/ ~; U- i( E/ V( v+ ~
            Repeat
9 U& s1 f' O4 z( u            I could not be better, Thank god it is Friday. (Co-worker)7 l/ d5 @! a/ b: d* |3 q' O# z: `
            Finally, so do you have plan for the weekend? (You)1 b4 s& u! O5 C4 r5 `
            Oh, ya, I am going to visit my mother-in-law even I hates her, but my husband will make me to see her. (Co-worker)  Y1 E3 }: P0 \3 r. q9 g' ?  W
           Poor you, oh, I wish you have a good weekend, and come back with a good mood. You know what I mean. (You)6 u- j- m* e7 }6 Q0 s3 g

" w' V3 _" E5 |( `. R  J7 \! b6 }Next Monday: Repeat
0 b9 l: q( z: m6 Q1 G4 ~, h7 P                        Repeat
5 ]# p4 d- L8 g$ o                        How was your weekend? (You)6 ~7 v3 b/ D6 i
                        Not bad. My mother-in-law was so tolerable this time, and she made a big super. So we all sit outside and enjoyed the beautiful day with family. (Co-worker)3 s# p2 p2 D6 d* T$ T  l! O% K' m. y1 t' r
                        Is that right? Where does your mother-in-law live? (You)
  H. k$ L0 U* }! j                        Pigeon Lake. It was packed on the weekend. (Co-worker)
9 \; p8 p* J8 Z                        Oh, Pigeon Lake, I have been there once and we caught some good fish.$ C# t) O0 E0 {3 I# W
                        Really, I don’t know you like fishing, may be you should come with me next time.1 p& |$ L$ [- a- ^
                        Great idea and I will
+ K  s/ p) {% v+ ]                        Bla—Bla—Bla- m  \% k. A- I
                        Then you see the boss walking by$ w  K1 {" O1 T8 l8 l" Z) U0 P
                         It is time to stop.
5 R  v2 |6 f* Q+ n/ L) ?                     
& i( A$ G$ L# i6 Q
8 \0 `; [* O4 Y( J& hThe above mentioned examples are under daily small talks or gossip category.  The serious business conversation will be with another topic./ w  W5 ?3 a% O& h( {
And I advise everyone should find the way that works best for her/him.
% ~2 ]% i) z  K% D. Z$ X0 a6 M2 \
# }: y3 _+ k. v- B[ 本帖最后由 Matrix 于 2008-8-27 23:47 编辑 ]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2008-8-27 23:32 | 显示全部楼层
Excellent! and some flowers for you to show my great appreciation.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-15 19:12 , Processed in 0.084455 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, APC On.