找回密码
 注册
查看: 3507|回复: 3

组织介绍

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-3-30 18:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
给这次RISE评奖报的,大家可以看看。做网站时也用的上。对了,网站有人负责在做吗?
7 [; j0 A; y0 n/ n( z  `
1 t+ J  @) H  [* G% |
Edmonton Mandarin Immigrant Society  a" g/ q) p) y0 i2 W, E

( l2 H4 q9 r4 _9 J4 ?2 j% NThe E.M.I.S. is a non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to promoting the learning and understanding of the Chinese language.5 d7 f) A& {  N' W, g5 V
( L( p, d0 J) N
Membership in the E.M.I.S. is comprised of the individuals who are enthusiastic to assist and are concerned about the new immigrants from China and the benefit of New Chinese Immigrant Community in Edmonton.4 [; v7 ?) ^' u$ r/ B: f  u# p
/ |% e" N& h& A1 C$ y6 p3 t
The E.M.I.S started to register as a society in March 2005, but its organization has been set up from the summer of 2004.+ w$ g- y# {- H: V% P$ A, A

: q! h; U0 Q+ SIn May 2004, a website with the Chinese supporting forum was set up for Chinese Edmontonians to communicate with each other in Simplified Chinese language on the Internet. The number of the registered forum member grows extremely fast since then. We believe that at least 230 of the 4000 forum members are living in Edmonton by March 2005. $ n. u6 w  G( B. n4 {' l, s/ Z& \

6 z! y8 |4 H6 \* Y, lSharing the same language and the similar immigrant experience enabled those people to meet with each other gradually.  To make the process of the decision-making more democratic, the society was set up.! ^0 j  ?- s% w2 T
. ^$ U- }- c5 U5 v
The purpose of the E.M.I.S. is to:2 `$ w/ i; ]  i& s5 \; b5 f1 [- L
·        To provide for the recreation of the members and to promote and afford opportunity for these recreational activities.) n/ D) I1 [  j
·        Help new Chinese immigrants to settle in Edmonton
7 C/ |6 f' l' J% g" g; o5 B- n·        Promote the unity and cooperation among the E.M.I.S. members, and to enhance the life of the new Chinese immigrant community
! ^$ O0 T$ J$ l6 A·        Provide volunteer support when required. 0 e# l, {' M# Q3 a. w0 C; \

* k0 v! S' H! xThere are many Chinese societies in Edmonton, but most of them focus on the Cantonese speakers. Many Mandarin Chinese have obstacles to participate the activities they organized due to the language difference. The set-up of E.M.I.S made it more convenient for those Mandarin Edmontonians to help each other and to encourage them to get involved in the real Canadian life.
& ?2 v% e9 `; t: d# M
' H% @* P! z3 f! d! U
: Q6 O: z1 ]4 [' S# ~, f& e/ M$ T$ B" D8 ]

* Q% ~3 K9 e5 [$ p$ v0 [5 Y2 hThe Achievements of E.M.I.S
9 Q" g1 @7 _  n* d0 f9 H6 q% @2 I  E) e. Q: E
The major activities or programs, which the E.M.I.S has organized, include:9 G. c; p8 S: Q! T$ M( ?
·        The New Year’s Party 2005
- y- [8 ~; F3 e* n1 @·        The Chinese New Year’s Party 2005# @2 G( @, c. N" Y/ t+ L
·        “Amy’s Home” New Immigrant Settlement program! K( m3 H5 X' W7 J, c
" Z8 H# f* f" a3 D* e
1. The New Year’s Party 2005. I5 q9 _4 |/ C9 l) n0 G0 S
Date:December the 31st, 20040 `+ i  W6 o6 r6 t, Q
Location:DANCE WITH ME, 6111-101 AVE, Edmonton8 F6 F& {2 O, z3 l) a
Number of people participating:     150 , H. m  D' D  j1 n  t* W
Fee structure charged:        Adult            --- $5
1 r. ]4 K5 w6 u; v! `* R3 NStudents        --- $2
) P& d& n6 l0 R  T7 eKids under 6 ---Free) ?" r: q2 n- `+ P# b
( I4 V  }8 y" a% i
This is the first big activity the E.M.I.S has ever set up. Almost all the members of the E.M.I.S participated in the preparation and services during the party. The percentage of member and non-member is around 10%. & U' r; K% D2 ]& A3 P, u7 I# P: S

% s7 r5 x- D; d; ?  N* BIt was anticipated that about 100 people would come to the party during the preparation of the party, but it was found very soon that the actual number of registered people is more than that. Due to the capacity of the facility and security reason, only 150 people were allowed to join the party。' `- f, O3 O- u- ~, F* K3 H: `

4 Y0 E% Z; O4 \' pMost people attending the party said that it is the biggest meeting for Edmonton Chinese Mandarin speakers in the recent years. After that, more and more people express that they are willing to join the activities that the E.M.I.S is planning to organize in the future. A new Chinese Mandarin community in Edmonton got united from then.
) A4 ^4 J* p1 k0 }% J8 n
% U% U; {+ ?7 ^! q! K2. The Chinese New Year’s Party 2005. O  |' C7 O. U8 Q% h
Date:February the 5th, 2004
3 j% }* e; T2 S1 ELocation:Norquest College, Westmount Campus, Edmonton# ?: I/ K6 B) c
Number of people participating:     137 . a! `8 M) H2 d
Fee structure charged:        Adult            --- $5
' L. n: |  r5 E- c$ `% `! AStudents        --- $3, L& D' a0 M& b9 a
Kids under 6 ---Free$ K# N1 J5 d, ~/ U

4 \' N# r3 ^) O8 @1 j- h8 oThe Chinese New Year is the most important festival for all the Chinese, wherever they are, but most of the Chinese Mandarin speakers living in Edmonton could not enjoy it very much due to the loneliness and financial situation. This party provides them an affordable opportunity to meet people sharing the same tradition to celebrate their happiest time of the year. 9 D8 M8 ^* s3 F2 A

. w- \7 T1 x+ }/ M9 LThe party got many support from other organizations such as the Chinese Consulate in Calgary, CIBC, Meyonohk School, and etc. This party made a great effort to prompt the Chinese traditional arts and to enrich the culture life of the Chinese Mandarin community.
" O. a" w  g! m+ J$ k4 D * P2 |- l! ]+ W, `% g( z; r
3. “Amy’s Home” New Immigrant Settlement program# z$ m+ N" Z- h' S9 q! k9 }
Type:Information and settlement service( s7 n% k0 Z5 |/ G. D
Date:From June 2004 to present" O4 y1 h/ k4 y  @
Services:' L% t, U; M3 D% v' r0 S: R3 _
·        Airport Reception " F! E; O. ?7 }  S) K
·        Booking apartment1 ~5 L7 n& d5 Q+ f
·        Moving in and out  p) k5 P& L$ S% p, {, W0 i; u
·        Information service such as orientation and job information* F4 [; C. H' W0 s1 u
·        Follow ups8 V- p) i4 ?" r' \+ w+ b
Number of people participating:     52 Families
  w( @% }  H/ R" d$ k4 {* O6 s, g+ d
Almost all those services are free or just cost covering. The new immigrants from China mainland like this service very much and refer it to the future immigrants continually. As far as we know, at least 5 people found their first job in Canada through the information provided by this program.
鲜花(1394) 鸡蛋(16)
发表于 2005-3-30 20:18 | 显示全部楼层
腐败在负责做网站吧?我可以提供空间和二级域名。
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(9) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-3-31 06:32 | 显示全部楼层
好的,网站的事情我来负责。可惜我不会PHP,所以只能负责做静态的,请原谅。
& o0 t' _2 Z9 r: X; A# @关于网站的结构,我先写一下,晚上和你联系。
鲜花(1394) 鸡蛋(16)
发表于 2005-3-31 11:10 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
Originally posted by 将腐败进行到底 at 2005-3-31 06:32 AM:& Z+ ]* j, I6 S/ ~0 F
好的,网站的事情我来负责。可惜我不会PHP,所以只能负责做静态的,请原谅。
+ Y; a4 M0 |) c+ w; a& F9 {0 L关于网站的结构,我先写一下,晚上和你联系。

$ p4 [6 z# @) O8 M  w2 N我觉得就要静态的,只是发布消息,不是征求意见。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-19 18:05 , Processed in 0.148807 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On, APC On.