查看: 1879|回复: 10

加拿大宣布 :外国留学生可以校外打工

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-4-21 21:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
不知别人ZT过没有
4 f0 F- B, Y+ y! [  v
/ O3 Y5 t, ~5 H5 w9 b【万维读者网】环球华报记者尹琳报道,4月18日,加拿大联邦移民部长胡平藻宣布新的规定,到加拿大留学的国际留学生入读公立专上院校,每周可以有20个小时到校外打工。而毕业后留加的留学生,如果在温哥华、多伦多以及蒙特利尔三大城市之外工作,就可以获得两年工作签证。 胡平藻说,他说加拿大欢迎国际学生,并希望他们学成后能继续留在加拿大贡献所长,以及申请移民。 根据旧有的有关国际留学生的规定,如果是全日制学生而且持有有效的学习许可,国际学生可以在校园内打工,且时间不得超过20小时。否则,就需要有移民局签发的工作许可才能在加拿大边读书边工作。. k3 C& U4 q+ J# {

% P% @1 _4 Z. u) u3 Y+ H胡平藻说,这项规定不利于留学生获得加国工作的经验,进而给他们申请移民造成不便。但是,胡平藻指出,在加拿大接受教育的留学生应该是加国移民的重要来源,他们拥有加拿大的教育背景、经过几年的学习和生活也更加了解加国的形势,更加适应加国的生活。“我们欢迎国际留学生移民加国,”胡平藻说,“也愿意为他们提供更多的便利。” 菲莎研究会移民问题专家卡勒克特(Martin Callocott)表示加拿大欢迎国际留学生到加拿大读书。“很显然,一个在本地介绍教育培训的学生要比从未踏足加拿大国土的人更适合移民。”但是,卡勒克特同样认为,加拿大需要注意平衡的问题。由于国际留学生的学费要比加拿大本国学生高出三倍,许多学校“为了收取更多的费用”而录取国际留学生,导致同样符合条件的加拿大学生失去读书的机会。
( x0 e: d& i! @% y+ g& |  i& z' t' B! Q  u0 X4 A6 E3 J
另一方面,卡勒克特对于政府试图通过给在三大城市外工作的学生两年签证,就将人口分布到中小城市的做法感到不以为然。“政府的目的是好的,希望通过这样的政策达到人口分布的平衡。 但是,平权会(CCNC)却批评国际学生毕业后留加工作两年新规定仅适用于多伦多、满地可及温哥华以外地区,明显侵犯这些人士的迁徙自由。胡平藻表示这是为了区域平衡,让全国各地有机会同享移民政策果实。 卡勒克特指出,这本就是政府的目的所在,越来越多的移民定居在温哥华、多伦多这样的大城市,给本来的居民造成了很大的压力。% T! U( J/ @9 b, t
. B/ B0 D! f4 @1 k
政府为了缓解这种压力,讨好每个人,才有了这种新的政策。“但是,我不认为这种做法能够成功。”他说。卡勒克特指出,移民们想要留在大城市的原因是因为工作机会多,而象沙省等地虽然人少,但工作机会更少——对于加拿大人和移民都是如此,因此无法吸引更多的人前往是很正常的事。
鲜花(10) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-4-22 14:55 | 显示全部楼层

ding

那是不是说我现在可以去找工作,就和他们说不用WORK PERMIT就行了?* Z3 V0 B3 `) {5 X; p
要是老板不信怎么办??
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-4-22 15:27 | 显示全部楼层
Yes, international students are allowed to work off campus now. It is a new regulation. If your boss doesn't know this, just let him go to the government website to look it up. www.cic.gc.ca
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-4-22 15:45 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
可以说一下具体链接马,我去看了
  W: ?* D5 J' D' d. Z没有看到这个消息
鲜花(19) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-4-22 17:24 | 显示全部楼层
Originally posted by diki at 2005-4-22 16:45:6 q! r( X' s1 _1 K& l! P: E
可以说一下具体链接马,我去看了
- W' V6 h% }* ?没有看到这个消息

; _% x( m3 T) q* M; `0 z+ iMORE REASONS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS TO CHOOSE CANADA1 _8 H  A4 ^3 p& f
OTTAWA, April 18, 2005 — The Honourable Joe Volpe, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, is pleased to build on the success of Canada’s international study program by announcing new initiatives to better attract, integrate and retain international students in regions throughout the country.
. K1 d* L4 |" v* Y9 s% k, W: E; _
0 z$ r% S# H! ]& iIn partnership with provinces and territories, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is expanding two pilot initiatives to help make Canada a destination of choice for international students. The first will allow international students at public post-secondary institutions to work off-campus while completing their studies so that they can experience the Canadian labour market and gain a wider understanding of Canadian society. The second will allow students to work for two years, rather than one year, after their graduation. This second initiative will apply outside Montréal, Toronto and Vancouver to help spread the benefits of immigration to more of Canada’s regions.
  W: v# x5 g  }. i
$ c9 d5 l, m$ m; m; pThrough past pilot projects and agreements with CIC, some provinces have already experienced the success of the initiatives, which are now being expanded throughout Canada. The Government of Canada is investing $10 million a year for five years to support this announcement.2 K" A3 R- @5 Q, P# |2 Y

# _6 L+ L- J0 r“We have been listening to our stakeholders and are certain that these initiatives will help increase the global competitiveness of Canada by attracting and retaining more international students to our schools,” said Minister Volpe. “International Students who choose to stay in Canada after they graduate greatly contribute to our labour market. It is important that they be exposed to the Canadian work force at an early stage to increase their chances of success following graduation.”  j' i9 [5 ?$ T& u

) M) N5 ^# b3 |) m- l2 [“Whether they choose to stay in Canada or return to their home country, they will have acquired Canadian experience and values that will enrich their lives. They will also spread the word about the quality of education Canada has to offer,” added the Minister.
( o% C) M& K5 S2 M9 l2 j
. y8 W% t6 N( {/ }! v5 i* x2 NCIC has also made other adjustments to its international study program. For example:! _" [) g5 J/ G8 ~4 f' D- p

9 z5 U" b2 R3 R; cPost-secondary international students can now transfer between programs of study and institutions without applying for a change to the conditions of their study permit.
' {* Q2 q' c0 `! {/ OSecondary-level international students can now obtain longer high-school study permits.
" k' N; x/ p; UAs of May 16, 2005, international students who meet the eligibility criteria for a second year of post-graduation employment will be issued a two-year work permit. For these students, the two-year work permit will only be valid for one year since they will have already completed their first year of post-graduate work.
: p% J/ v8 \$ Z9 O0 K* v& e9 g& W" ~% x
As with existing pilot projects, the off-campus work initiative will be implemented bilaterally in each province and territory, following agreements with CIC." i2 y" t4 t0 C8 w6 F% m% o
4 y; I0 Z7 n% \7 D8 p: f
For more information on today’s announcement or on how to obtain a permit to study in Canada, please visit CIC’s Web site at www.cic.gc.ca.' F8 ~; w' J, l% @+ L" |  ]
, b4 @6 c' X- Y) {
-30-5 X# b. R% @6 q
: C% J. k8 ^1 _$ v. M
For more information (media only):
& ]1 _* E. q& a0 a& m8 J6 }2 f' \9 L, a. L+ [
Stephen Heckbert
) ^: g# b4 w% x9 C' Z! I4 ~; hDirector of Communications6 [& ~) p; j8 W6 G
Office of the Minister$ r- u5 v  x0 B# {( P* N
(613) 954-1064
: H: m1 w1 |! r) @; Z7 m
' ~; C# P) z" o# S: V* j9 CMaria Iadinardi
1 ?- O8 O2 }8 g3 _- MMedia Relations! [! k: s* a# B% U
Communications Branch
  _% q0 c4 {7 `(613) 952-0740
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-4-22 22:25 | 显示全部楼层
真的假的?我怎么有点心里悬悬的感觉呢?总觉得不是什么好事
鲜花(10) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-4-23 17:35 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
看来是真的* a9 |8 Y6 T( ^' k6 t
那现在还需要去申请 SIN 吗??
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2005-4-23 17:45 | 显示全部楼层
Originally posted by yanchenru at 2005-4-23 05:35 PM:! D3 ~3 n  w, e8 g0 n
看来是真的
. l2 k2 a( `; T8 Q' P% ~- L那现在还需要去申请 SIN 吗??

7 D: B$ B+ K$ S) f+ {; a9 s! G3 Y0 {
2 y* f- }2 a# e  `8 P8 i0 N等这个政府正式执行后,SIN肯定是很重要的。
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-4-23 18:43 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
等实施了在说吧。/ s, j! f2 v$ S! z/ e2 T
加拿大办事效率是狠低的,从这个政策提出到批准实施,也不知道要等多久。
鲜花(40) 鸡蛋(7)
发表于 2005-4-23 23:17 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
lol..guyz..this is just a pilot initiative, u never wanna know how long it is gonna take the canadian government to make it into regulations and laws..it is gonna be  a big impact not just on the traditional immigration systems but also the revenue systems...so i do not really look forward it to be into reality any time sooner than next yr.
3 w$ t# i( G6 `. {& i$ Dbut anyhow..i wish it could come sooner
鲜花(5) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-5-23 13:41 | 显示全部楼层
我还是不太理解。。。麻烦大家。。问问问题
5 Z+ V$ [* d; k! h6 \8 b现在是不是就是已经允许留学生在校外打工了呢?还是需要再等,等到政府实施?
4 C1 l2 b# K; \, E还有就是如果可以在校外打工是不是就不需要工作签证,有社会保险号码就可以,也就是说可以拿支票?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-15 04:43 , Processed in 0.209155 second(s), 26 queries , Gzip On, APC On.