注册
查看: 1957|回复: 2

魁北克地震了!

[复制链接]
鲜花(73) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-3-16 22:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Earthquake shakes Quebec, Ontario) Z8 o0 B4 z( n0 i  N7 O$ |( Y6 O

: W; y- J2 z; s: fA minor earthquake has hit eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with tremors extending from the greater Montreal region to Ottawa.
; r( {  o4 n% H0 H5 j7 t1 i2 a( U1 `, ^! I; p+ X7 o) [
COMMUNITY: Did you feel the quake: Send us your stories, photos and videos
+ H* B; o8 Z1 |- u
8 S/ k- c" Q6 ^+ f* h% ~Natural Resources Canada confirmed the quake's epicentre was in Hawkesbury, Ont. Its magnitude was initially reported at 4.3, though the United States Geological Survey later measured it at 3.7.
# x. J! o  I( z; m9 `. F
2 R- F: o0 ?$ ^. ~The Canadian agency initially reported the quake was centred in Lachute, Que., about 80 kilometres northwest of Montreal. The quake struck Wednesday at 1:36 p.m. ET with no reported damage.+ @7 d6 V- p9 W  p: N

. ^0 t- v5 `0 A( j2 sIt later issued a release saying the quake also didn't affect any of the major nuclear facilities in the region.$ p' ]# o) {- D: G0 N# C: W5 N: }
0 Q% I  k0 @& [$ o2 C' I$ i
Temblors were reported in the Laurentians, across Montreal, in Cornwall and in Ottawa.
) L9 G$ O, L5 I9 t- A/ Z9 K4 T9 m2 S9 O+ J! Z. u0 ]' n
"I was sitting on my couch and all of a sudden I hear this noise which is boom, boom, boom, boom," said Feely Antipas, who lives in Morin Heights, Que.9 Y) N5 [( l7 {: H1 i

# {8 K5 m4 R5 z' d
1 R: }/ K. r9 K& N& ~) N"I thought it was a big [boulder] coming from a big mountain, going down the hill. The noise when it stopped it was very strong."( y& G6 |6 O. z" k& A! o

: }$ c. ~1 N9 Z1 [7 tThe ground started shaking and stopped after about 10 seconds.
( M( Q2 k4 e7 ^* B) v% T6 N: a. G* V. k5 O' I9 }1 [% h& I: {  l4 X
In Grenville, Que., elementary school teacher Audra Goorbarry was in her classroom with her Grade 5 and 6 students when the quake struck.
. Q+ l; Y/ G, i" j! s
6 [8 f- |" C; f8 l- i8 C"The children were sitting at their desks and on the floor reading quietly," Goorbarry said. 1 h# F1 b' Y' M6 S5 w( T
4 x( L+ j0 m* Q+ d2 g# P2 w* \& W
"Then the expressions on their faces changed immediately, and some of them screamed out, and some of them covered their mouths. And there were a few aftershocks, so they were really excited about the rumbling after."3 ?# I6 V4 F6 @4 B! s% t, W$ |

* K; i( F) v$ n. b/ P1 A  dPascal Provost said he felt the quake at his home in Repentigny around 1:30 p.m. ; z4 W5 S! [0 n7 t; h+ T
7 O+ J# e0 h3 p: b* h( {
"My house complained a little bit and my cat looked like it saw a ghost," Provost told CBC News's Community page.
! h+ T! R! @' K; a9 U' f7 a! k0 U$ `+ v2 l$ L2 u
Federal quake website froze
9 ^7 b0 ]# Q) e; n( F+ k+ HIt appeared the one casualty was the federal website intended to keep Canadians informed about earthquakes.
$ w% B) ?2 z+ D( i% y
6 D4 j* x- A3 n; n* X% l' G, ILast time there was a temblor in the region, last June, it froze Earthquakes Canada's website., S: i/ @" d- a
4 d% w, O# r4 P" d1 B4 \- }& l
The site was brought to its knees again Wednesday. Many visitors seeking information were greeted by blank screens and the site occasionally worked, but only intermittently after 2 p.m.
, A7 x" h+ |1 x5 S) P
7 |3 Y- N, X: Y' ]The bugs brought back memories of last year's 5.0 temblor, where the federal site was paralyzed by demand.
鲜花(79) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-3-16 22:41 | 显示全部楼层
again?
鲜花(21) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-3-17 11:30 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-10-20 02:17 , Processed in 0.129537 second(s), 13 queries , Gzip On, APC On.