[复制链接]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2015-6-27 19:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 billzhao 于 2015-6-27 19:45 编辑 - j! O8 M' Q! W6 ^; W8 m, d! _' ]: y
$ O& ^( V, |: B5 I& B# U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HTtLHgU9tY
' a& b1 z. I. k3 G0 z" w2 E- V, \! u4 i. D' Y5 h- x

1 v+ n9 k! S) s2 `0 u" ]1 mCNN documentary/ c6 O" k9 @- H7 j* z  L, E2 M+ y1 c8 H
0 D. I5 o* [' {, Z  B6 _1 R) [! F
New documentary explores Jonestown mass suicide8 Y+ |5 H7 [" N1 ?. Q4 K
' \$ Z* C* B& u. b! [
Twenty-eight years later, what's left to say about Jonestown? Nine hundred members of a religious cult followed their fanatical leader to Guyana and willingly committed suicide by drinking a Kool-Aid-like mixture laced with cyanide. 2 V: c% X& }( ~! k4 @* k
: j5 G' e; w5 g  h5 S  b; e
What more could there be to the story? Plenty, it turns out.   |& w) ]2 g6 P" z
I watched an advance copy of the new documentary, "Jonestown," by filmmaker Stanley Nelson on Sunday, and found myself drawn deeply into a macabre tale that I had little prior knowledge of.& P8 {* S* A  w% r$ \& P3 c  x

% O# S1 b4 r4 f9 m7 T- B2 P; j* E5 s! A. B) [Nelson interviewed more than two dozen former members of Jim Jones' controversial Peoples Temple, including some who survived the Jonestown mass suicide -- which, by the way, looks more like mass murder now. And Nelson has unearthed dramatic video and sound recordings -- never seen or heard before that shed new light on the establishment, development and downfall of the Peoples Temple, right up until the moment Jim Jones passes out the cups./ X5 `, o5 i% z4 q8 U

' c" C* O- G: T/ K! g) J5 U4 }1 `6 xThe most chilling part of the film is the audio tape of Jones urging his followers to choose death over persecution. I heard, for the first time, the emotionally-pitched debate between Jones and parishioners who would rather live than die in the South American jungle. It was like a scene out of Apocalypse Now, only this time, the killing was real.
3 o* _3 F* v0 M1 d5 j* z( u% J: u0 Z& j2 O
I also learned that Jim Jones didn't suddenly take a hard left onto the highway of darkness. He was deeply disturbed from childhood, and is even suspected of abusing animals, something many experts believe is a hallmark of an emerging psychopath.
3 N4 T& t' u& D9 k9 l4 J, Q1 @/ U  c- g* N
What's most tragic though is that Jones' followers don't come off as a cult of religious deviants. They were -- for the most part -- earnest people, attracted to the Peoples Temple for the sense of community they couldn't find in their own lives. It gave them a feeling of belonging, though as the years wore on and Jones' insanity escalated, membership came at an ever-increasing, and in the end, ultimate price.
5 R' I# b$ ^' g! E: G8 d  z
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-14 09:09 , Processed in 0.123628 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.