[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-8 22:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Follow Your Dream
1 O3 n) b( T8 }) t# H" p# n5 V
( I/ b0 _! _; `7 u
( V) K" ~$ L2 C( @9 U, e0 |3 E3 a% T4 c
I have a friend named Monty Roberts who owns a horse ranch in San Ysidro.
7 n3 t& ?* E2 vHe has let me use his house to put on fund-raising events to raise money ' J3 s$ ^6 E3 h. {' Q
for youth at risk programs.
. J% X8 ]$ }: z# A. `. V6 K
4 h9 y( v9 O4 ]& H+ f; iThe last time I was there he introduced me by saying, 'I want to tell you 2 m+ Q. H# v: k/ U: J
why I let Jack use my house. It all goes back to a story about a young # q1 P% L9 H0 ^6 v: J, `
man who was the son of an itinerant horse trainer who would go from stable
0 O- I8 p: [# i5 [2 R) ]$ |to stable, race track to race track, farm to farm and ranch to ranch, training - R% _! h5 ]/ D( a  N
horses. As a result, the boy's high school career was continually interrupted. 8 ^6 j! z( ?7 X9 G/ S2 b
When he was a senior, he was asked to write a paper about what he wanted 1 m# P) ?! M5 o6 {' }' T
to be and do when he grew up. + J* B( y' V; `8 H; M% u" g

( a4 |2 J- t$ |8 |3 S* I'That night he wrote a seven-page paper describing his goal of someday , }+ ^5 l3 L$ C2 d/ U4 [
owning a horse ranch. He wrote about his dream in great detail and he even
  a) M, K- ]3 _! pdrew a diagram of a 200-acre ranch, showing the location of all the buildings,
, b2 M  W. t8 B, Uthe stables and the track. Then he drew a detailed floor plan for a 4,000-square-foot $ z* t! }5 S( o+ j  n
house that would sit on a 200-acre dream ranch.
# k! O# F9 b/ A2 A! W# J6 k) N' f! X, E! f$ {# {$ j' S
'He put a great deal of his heart into the project and the next day he   |9 ~- S; D# i- d
handed it in to his teacher. Two days later he received his paper back.
2 }* ^) A3 c: y- {6 EOn the front page was a large red F with a note that read, `See me after
8 p6 i7 w4 t  \0 Aclass.'
$ F7 \3 }' C% S" K; Z0 e
9 \) t0 i- p6 c. }0 c0 K'The boy with the dream went to see the teacher after class and asked, # b5 j3 b# I' r2 f) K8 d# N2 g9 i
`Why did I receive an F?'
% y( l. |, ]8 L4 D9 P
0 M* P8 [% u% b8 q* w  l2 W'The teacher said, `This is an unrealistic dream for a young boy like you.
: m1 B( X# f2 |You have no money. You come from an itinerant family. You have no resources.
& i5 k/ r  k2 H& OOwning a horse ranch requires a lot of money. You have to buy the land. ' O0 ^3 A- K6 \! f$ [- v3 v/ h
You have to pay for the original breeding stock and later you'll have to
4 }) V2 t9 e: x/ ~, o/ a) Upay large stud fees. There's no way you could ever do it.’ Then the teacher
8 z' c& S) o9 F  Oadded, `If you will rewrite this paper with a more realistic goal, I will . X$ T* ~( u; f: g6 \. G" l" y
reconsider your grade.’
. _1 v! G0 N: c9 K2 `+ \
5 Q! F" m; K! a4 U! d'The boy went home and thought about it long and hard. He asked his father
( h, o  S+ t2 ewhat he should do. His father said, `Look, son, you have to make up your
6 m* w' O$ r; ]! X- `own mind on this. However, I think it is a very important decision for
! T* l# D* z: A, Z2 Pyou.’ . l2 g+ F" [' T5 K( B/ n0 Q
* X2 K% u. r4 C9 R3 c
'Finally, after sitting with it for a week, the boy turned in the same ) ?$ l/ p9 @" r& X
paper, making no changes at all. He stated, `You can keep the F and I'll - T- t+ G$ \) Z9 E5 F) _9 h7 n  F. w
keep my dream.'' ! j" W5 ~0 W; y) h0 p7 |# y6 ?' D0 H
# z$ s* |% M3 `+ C$ x6 I
Monty then turned to the assembled group and said, 'I tell you this story
" |6 b, Z2 W+ n/ hbecause you are sitting in my 4,000-square-foot house in the middle of
/ T  c& |% G1 a! [( M- kmy 200-acre horse ranch. I still have that school paper framed over the
7 t: Q: k* f3 X% [5 |fireplace.' He added, 'The best part of the story is that two summers ago
) e0 ?+ L# F6 k0 A2 W6 X4 tthat same schoolteacher brought 30 kids to camp out on my ranch for a week.'
  R9 c# Y' S7 u- P2 rWhen the teacher was leaving, he said, `Look, Monty, I can tell you this $ y- O3 A& T+ [: a
now. When I was your teacher, I was something of a dream stealer. During ; J( o" {  I1 k+ m# |# d' Y' ^8 O
those years I stole a lot of kids’ dreams. Fortunately you had enough gumption ! }/ s* h+ U6 H
not to give up on yours.’'
9 C& J4 r" H8 O
1 V* J" X( m. mDon't let anyone steal your dreams. Follow your heart, no matter what.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-10 12:40 | 显示全部楼层

啧啧,真是理想主义者

鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-20 20:21 | 显示全部楼层
Fine
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-20 20:43 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-29 07:03 , Processed in 0.142757 second(s), 16 queries , Gzip On, APC On.