注册
查看: 1927|回复: 1

The lightening thief

[复制链接]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2016-11-25 10:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 billzhao 于 2016-11-25 10:28 编辑 ; s& B* S5 [# P3 `' E: w( Y, C# u! {

2 A" Q1 }2 \6 H% P% n7 [ The-Lightning-Thief-Pdf.pdf (758.64 KB, 下载次数: 19) 3 `" U' f" |8 s3 D: O/ D6 r- y

% G: f# J  p2 U The-Lightning-Thief-Pdf.epub (202.63 KB, 下载次数: 22)
2 g) s2 q+ p, h4 d# u2 `1 Q( N2 S9 K* s

# A: K/ t# Q; r8 k& z1 o7 gThe Lightning Thief is a 2005 fantasy-adventure novel based on Greek mythology, the first young adult novel written by Rick Riordan. It is the first novel in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, which charts the adventures of modern-day twelve-year-old Percy Jackson as he discovers he is a demigod, the son of a mortal woman and the Greek god Poseidon. Percy and his friends Annabeth Chase and Grover Underwood go on a quest to prevent a war between the gods Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades.* ~( Z6 G# n  R# `1 ^* D( M
The Lightning Thief was published in June 2005 by Miramax Books, an imprint of Hyperion Books for Children and thus Disney Publishing (succeeded by the Disney Hyperion imprint). The book has sold over 1.2 million copies in the subsequent four years, appearing on The New York Times children's Best Seller list and being listed as one of the Young Adult Library Services Association's Best Books for Young Adults, among other awards. It was adapted into a film named Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief released in the United States on February 12, 2010. The sequel to this novel is The Sea of Monsters.
- W) `& p8 I- Q+ z! l% u# e+ A; P# g) _, W' g/ ~% p( y
( y; m0 ]" S" R. [6 C
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
 楼主| 发表于 2016-11-25 10:22 | 显示全部楼层
Review; q, ~; W0 ~; |% {0 w4 L; G/ _) }" Z

: K* X' c) X4 d, qI really loved this book. I think it’s intended for eight to twelve year olds but this is one of those books that the more you know about the realm the more you love it. The foundation is great and very artistic. The characters, especially the protagonist Percy, is very jovial. There’s so much wit, cropping up at places where I least expected it and I totally enjoyed all of it. The story was foreseeable and one of the key disclosures/thrillers wasn’t one for me, but it didn’t really matter. Honestly, it was amusing to be ahead of the protagonist in at least one way. Percy, the protagonist, has dyslexia and ADHD, and the details given for these disorders could make this a much-loved book for children who also have dyslexia, ADHD, and any other erudition or communication challenge. However, unlike the 1st Harry Potter book (this is also the 1st book in a series) I didn’t spite the protagonist’s place one little bit. That didn’t stop me from reveling in his state as a viewer. This book could motivate kids to mug up more about myths and it is a good primer to some of the mythical gods and other creatures and their stories, but readers might enjoy this book more if they’d had some elementary education in ancient Greek mythos., @7 z, y& a8 P! a

2 Z* c, o  ]" o: e7 U6 d: C3 u+ kAmusing, thrilling, and intense. This is a book an 8-year kid or older and an adult who is young at heart can enjoy. I exclusively, recommend this book with gusto to the aficionados of the Greek myths. I thought Riordan’s style was very fresh and imaginative, but showed reverence for the origin myths if you like a good urban fantasy tale, then don’t disregard this book at any cost. This is one of the more imaginative fantasy books that I’ve stumble across in a while. It takes something that most people are interested in, and sets an efficient fantasy spin on it. The basis is that the Greek gods are still on the go and up to their old wiles, and that our protagonist Percy is the child of one of these gods. However, when Percy gets to the site there is a lot of disorder in the public because some of the gods are fighting, and startlingly enough it appears that Percy is being responsible for bringing about the problem. This is a fast read that will keep you in quest of more.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-3-28 15:51 , Processed in 0.148767 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.